News Corp Australia today reported that executive producer Man,Nathes Produces has pulled out of the Australian production of the cult hit, The Mummy, as the company’s director of marketing, Jonne Jones, is heading for the US.
The production had been scheduled to resume on February 6 but Jones is leaving, leaving a gap in the company.
A spokesperson for the company confirmed the news to news.com.au.
“The executive producer of Man’s The Mum is currently in the US and plans to return to Australia for the next few weeks,” the spokesperson said.
“The production is still in discussions with Man’s directors of production for the coming months and we’re hopeful to return next year.”
In a statement, Jones said he was leaving because he felt the company was “too focused on the production of a new film to give the creative team the time to get this film right”.
“As a result, I will be moving to New York City and working as an independent producer, and will remain at Man’s,” he said.
The production, based on the book of the same name by Graham Greene, is a BBC production and is expected to be released in March 2019.
The producers of The Mummies and The Muppet Show are also taking a break from the production as well.